Stop & Start Function
If the 'ECO' light is on constantly or the inhibitor switch is permanently lit the system has a fault or has been disabled via the switch. If it is faulty a message will appear on either the centre display or the instrument panel display.
If the 'ECO' light flashes 7 times, the system has a fault which requires workshop attention.If the 'ECO' light flashes 3 times, the system is working without fault, however an external function or feature is preventing the system from stopping the engine.
- Ambient air temperature below 7°C or above 35°C
- Air conditioning set to low or 14°C
- The heater fan on full speed
- The requested heater temperature is more than 10°C away from the
- ambient temperature
- The vehicle has not yet reached 7mph in a forward gear
- Reverse gear is selected
- The fuel level is too low
- The battery charge is below 75%
- The battery temperature is above or below optimal range
- The starter motor temperature is excessive
The particulate system is regenerating
The heated rear window or front screen demister is activated